Friday, October 23, 2009

Day One

Andromeda is in the bathroom taking a shower.
She has just returned from 5 hours in the market—a mission that ended with only a lone pair of shoes. Women and their weird meter of accomplishment. I have ceased to try and understand them. Whenever I get confused I simply kiss them.
Thus far it has worked.

We are in a hotel for the next three days.
It has been 370 days since she said a firm “yes” to my stammered request that she be my girlfriend.
We are celebrating our anniversary this weekend. Or rather I am.
When I asked Andromeda what she would like to do for our anniversary she looked at me like I had asked her if Jesus might possibly have been a blinded 78 year old hunched back Asian, whose deformities were mistaken as Messianic in proportions.
According to her—women never plan anniversaries, they merely experience it. The job she says is completely mine.
“Surprise me” she announced.
The message has been received.
I am doing my best.

Thus far, everything seems to be going okay. She seemed delighted with the hotel that I picked. She walked out to the balcony which gave a nice overview to the city of Abuja and smiled. In her world that is a “Well done Carl. You’re doing great.”
Indeed.

There are two more days ahead of me.
Plenty of time for me to let her down. But at least for now, I have survived the first day.
She likes the room. She likes the view and she still likes the boyfriend. Friday is done.
We’ll just take one day at at a time.
And if things get really bad....well...there’s always kissing.

That always seems to work.

14 comments:

Myne said...

LOL, kissing will always work.


It's my birthday next week and SO asks, what do you want? And I looked at him like A did to you. LOL. We're watching and waiting. Good luck to you and A, have a glorious weekend.

mizchif said...

Congratulations on the anniversary.

Hope the remaining days go well.

Joy Akut said...

ahhh, one year already.
and u're hearts still glazed.
well done.

and i'm sure the rest of the weekend will go well.
you're not that bad....i think.

PS
two post how many days? wow!!!!

LusciousRon said...

Awww. You finally made with A! Goodluck. Enjoy the weekend.

Vera Ezimora said...

Yippee!!

Soooo??? How much kissing have you had to do?

Rayo said...

hv a gud anniversary...

N.I.M.M.O said...

You must have had to do a lot of kissing over the weekend.

I know. I'm a guy too.

Nothing good we do ever seems to last beyond 24 hours.

And ... after marriage, kissing stops working.

I know. I'm married.

Brilliantly Me said...

Very well written sir!

G-FUNC said...

so you came back and didn't let me know?
after all the groupie love I got for you

kpsheeewww!!!!!!

bArOquE said...

so are we gonna hear how the rest of the weekend went? are Carl & Andromeda going to the 'next level'?

Sisem E. Naidem said...

Two posts go to confirm that he's really back! Is it too late to say Welcome Carl..? As for A, I don't know why but I'm guessing you're as good a kisser as you are at writing...

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

carlang u still blog???? wow! and a gf for 1 year already??? double wow! i must confess i miss blogging. but i look around and every1 is gonnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeee. o no.

well for even taking a step to plan ur 1yr thingy wit u gf. uve done very well. well done. i doubt anything else will go wrong afta.

aww...ill check on u in......erm a month or 2. lol. but seriously i'll try blog again.

amen to dat.

Unknown said...

you are crazy.

But i guess kissing does work.
If it's heartfelt!

Unknown said...

the use of scrubs with regard to additional areas of medical training also became frequent. To start with, green was the solely shade they came at, but just as his or her popularity spread to some other medical
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
pionpoker
rajawaliqq
hobiqq
paito warna terlengkap
http://192.254.236.33/interqq78/
datahk